Investment Rarities Inc Review – A Quick Overview
Investment Rarities Inc is a precious metals company with several decades of experience. They entered in the industry in 1974 and have a large selection of products to offer. However, they have received complaints for poor treatment of clients. Furthermore, their catalog doesn’t consist of Platinum and Palladium products, both of which are vital for modern investors.
- IRA-eligible products
- Reputed custodial partner
- Lack of transparency in fees
- No information available on the leadership
- Risk of hidden fees
- No prices are listed on the website
What is Investment Rarities Inc?
Investment Rarities Inc is a precious metals dealer that was founded in 1974. The company specializes in the sale of silver and gold products, as well as rare coins and bullion. Investment Rarities Inc also offers appraisal, authentication, storage, and security services for precious metals.
Investment Rarities Inc is an important player in the precious metals industry, with a reputation for expertise and integrity. The company has been in business for nearly five decades and has served over 60,000 customers with $3 billion sold and delivered.
Furthermore, it claims to focus on client education and research resources to help them make informed decisions about their precious metals investments.
Currently, the most renowned company for client education is Augusta Precious Metals because of its Harvard-educated staff.
People Behind Investment Rarities:
Investment Rarities Incorporated was founded in 1974 by Jim Cook. Jim Cook was a well-known numismatist and precious metals expert with over 30 years of experience in the industry. Cook founded the company with the goal of providing honest and reliable precious metals services to investors and collectors.
In the early years of the company, Investment Rarities Incorporated primarily dealt in rare coins and numismatics.
As the market for precious metals grew, the company expanded its services to include the sale and purchase of gold and silver bullion. Over the years, Investment Rarities Incorporated has grown to become one of the nation’s leading precious metals dealers. With over 400,000 transactions completed for more than 60,000 customers.
How to Invest in Investment Rarities IRA?
Investment Rarities offers Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) that allow individuals to invest in precious metals such as gold and silver.
Here are the steps to invest in Investment Rarities IRA:
- Choose the type of IRA: Investment Rarities offers Traditional IRAs, Roth IRAs, and SEP IRAs. Determine which type of IRA best fits your needs and eligibility.
- Open an account: Once you have chosen the type of IRA. You will need to fill out the necessary paperwork and give them the required documentation.
- Fund your IRA: Decide on the amount you want to invest and fund your IRA by transferring the funds from your bank account or rolling over funds from an existing IRA.
- Choose your investment: Investment Rarities offers a range of precious metal options for your IRA, including gold, silver, platinum, and palladium. You can choose from coins or bars, depending on your preference.
- Store your investment: Investment Rarities offers storage options for your precious metals investments. You can choose to store your investments in an IRS-approved depository or have them delivered to your doorstep.
While they do offer an IRA, they aren’t the best service provider in this field. There are plenty of companies with better specialization and staff on board. You should go with a more reputed and specialized company.
As you’ll read this review, you’ll learn more on why Investment Rarities Inc might be unsuitable for your gold IRA.
Investment Rarities Products:
Investment Rarities offers a range of products for investors interested in precious metals, including, Gold coins and bars, Silver coins and bars, Rare coins, and numismatics, Pre-1933 U.S. gold coins, Certified coins and graded coins, Collector coins, and sets, American Eagle coins, Canadian Maple Leaf coins, South African Krugerrand coins, Chinese Gold Panda coins, and many more products.
Also, it offers various storage options for these products. Including domestic and international storage in secure facilities.
Investment Rarities Fees and Charges:
Investment Rarities charges a lot of fees for their services.
Here are some common fees and charges associated with Investment Rarities:
- Buying and selling fees: Investment Rarities charges a fee for buying and selling precious metals. The fee can vary based on the type and quantity of precious metal being bought or sold.
- Storage fees: If you choose to store your precious metals with Investment Rarities, they will charge a fee for storage. The fee can vary based on the amount of precious metal being stored and the location of the storage facility.
- Appraisal fees: Investment Rarities charges a fee for appraising precious metals. The fee can vary based on the type and quantity of precious metal being appraised.
- Delivery fees: If you choose to have your precious metals delivered to you, Investment Rarities will charge a fee for delivery. The fee can vary based on the type and quantity of precious metal being delivered and the location of the delivery.
It’s worth noting that Investment Rarities Inc is not very transparent with its charges. This can be a major red flag for many investors.
Lack of transparency regarding fees and charges doesn’t instill trust in clients. This is especially true when you have companies with better resources and more transparency in the industry.
Additional Highlights of Investment Rarities Inc:
Investment Rarities Inc has achieved a number of notable milestones in its nearly five decades of operation, including:
- Selling and delivering over $3 billion in precious metals products to customers.
- Establishing a reputation for honesty and integrity in the precious metals industry.
- Providing valuable education and research resources to its clients.
- Serving a diverse range of clients, including individual investors, collectors, and institutional investors.
Investment Rarities Reviews and Complaints:
The Company has a generally positive reputation in the precious metals industry. With many customers leaving positive reviews and testimonials about their experiences.
Here is an overview of their ratings, reviews, and complaints:
Better Business Bureau (BBB):
Investment Rarities is accredited by the BBB and has an A+ rating. They have had 3 complaints closed with the BBB in the last 3 years. All of which were resolved to the satisfaction of the customers. Now, this business has zero reviews. Customers praise the company’s knowledge, honesty, and integrity.
One of the customers said that he began a silver investment program. But was unable to follow through due to a massive stroke that left him paralyzed on the left side and with cognitive difficulties. He forgot about the program until his wife discovered some silver records and reminded me of it.
Despite being 90 years old and still affected by the stroke, he was unable to assist with financial matters. His wife is also unaware of the present value, gain, loss, and redemption options for the silver.
As he was uncertain of how much longer he can be of help to her. He kindly requested assistance in providing her with this information. The reviewer says that he enjoyed their newsletter. Sadly, he regretted that his involvement has ended in this manner.
Investment Rarities has only 1 star out of 5-star ratings on Yelp based on one customer review.
According to Charles L., the company deals in commodities such as gold and silver. A trusted friend referred them, and although they are pricey, then also they are a reputable business in his opinion.
Business Customer Alliance (BCA):
They do not have any reviews or ratings in BCA. That’s because they have no account on this website.
Is Investment Rarities Legit?
Yes, Investment Rarities is a legitimate company that has been in business for over 40 years. The company is well-respected in the precious metals industry and has a reputation for honesty and integrity.
Investment Rarities has a long history of providing high-quality services and products to its customers. They are accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and have an A+ rating. The company is a member of the Industry Council for Tangible Assets (ICTA) and the Professional Numismatists Guild (PNG).
However, they have received complaints for mishandling of investor funds. Beware of this issue.
Should You Invest with Investment Rarities?
Investment Rarities Inc is a reputable and established company in the precious metals industry. While they have a lot of highlights, they still suffer from several issues.
For starters, the company has received complaints for poor customer service. Moreover, they aren’t transparent with their fee-related information.
Their staff doesn’t consist of gold IRA experts (unlike others) who can help you choose the right investments. If you’re interested in safeguarding your wealth with precious metals, you should check out our top gold IRA providers.
The list will help you see what the industry’s top players have to offer.
Have you done business with Investment Rarities Inc? Share your experience in comments.